The Supreme Council of the Crimea put the question of the Crimea joining Russia to referendum
The Supreme Council of the Crimea has adopted the decision about the Crimea joining Russia as an entity of the Russian Federation during today’s session. 78 deputies out of 81 deputies present at the session voted in favor of the decision. Herewith, the decision of the parliament of the Crimea should be confirmed by expression of people’s will, expressed at the all-Crimean referendum.
«Expressing a great concern with regard to the current socio-political situation in the Crimea, confirming the priority of the universal human values, adherence to the generally recognized principles and norms of the international law, in order to implement expression of will of the population of the Crimea, and in connection with absence of legitimate bodies of the state power in Ukraine, in accordance with paragraph 7 of part 1 of article 18 and paragraph 3, part 2 of article 26 of the Constitution of the Autonomous Republic of the Crimea (ARK) the Supreme Council of ARK decides:
1. To join the composition of the Russian Federation as an entity of the Russian Federation.
2. To schedule the all-Crimean referendum (including Sevastopol) on March 16, 2014, to which the following questions will be put:
1) Do you support the reunion of the Crimea with Russia on the rights of an entity of the Russian Federation?
2) Do you support the renovation of the power of the Constitution of the Republic of the Crimea of year 1992 and the status of the Crimea as the part of Ukraine?
3. The question that will receive the majority of votes, will be considered a direct expression of will of the population of the Crimea,» the decision says, the text of which was distributed by the press-service of the parliament of the Crimea.
In addition, according to the message, the Supreme Council of the ARK addressed the President of the Russian Federation and the Federal Assembly of the State Duma of the Russian Federation with the proposal to start the procedure of entry to the composition of the Russian Federation as an entity of the Russian Federation.